The Bistro Dress
Liesl + Co has been releasing their fall patterns and they have been so fun.
Ooh, I've been checking in every Thursday to see which pattern she'd be releasing.
Well, today is finally the day!
I was a pattern tester and sewed up this dress used in her photo shoot.
And...I really love it!!
I'm not even exaggerating the fact that when I was done sewing up this dress, I went around the home all proud of myself, walking a little taller, explaining to my husband, quote, "That dress gave me SO much Sewing Confidence!"
I learned how to:
1) Sew up a really beautiful dress that I would totally pay $100 or more for in a store.
2) Sew in darts, adding such beautiful lines that flatter the figure
3) Sew in a beautiful lining
4) Put in an invisible zipper (to the dress and lining)
5) I added a collar, which I've never done before.
All of that adds up to a really beautiful dress -- which I can't wait to sew up again.
I'm thinking next time a lace overlay, over the lining. Why not? After all I have Sewing Confidence in ME!