Aidell's Sausage Fresh Stir fry w/ freshly grilled Pineapple.

I was walking around the grocery store last week, perusing the meat department when I came across one of our favorite sausages and to my utter surprise I learned they were Gluten Free.  We have purchased Aidells Sausages in our former eating life all the time because they were delicious-- and to learn that they're also something my husband can eat scores them Major Points. 

Last week I made up a recipe that turned out super tasty for dinner.

First I started with some Fresh Pineapple.  I had decided I wanted to make some grilled pineapple and I wanted it to look all fancy with the core cut out of the middle.  I was contemplating how to achieve this when I thought of this really cool kitchen gadget I have.  It's a biscuit/donut cutter that my husband bought me a few years ago.  I occurred to me that if I popped out the donut portion, I could use it to core my pineapple.  Worked like a charm.

I followed this recipe for my grilled pineapple.  But I used coconut oil (instead of butter to make it GF), which I thought would be really brilliant-- except that I didn't take into account that once I put my mixture into the fridge, the coconut oil would quickly solidify and not really adhere to the pineapple.


That's okay, it still worked and turned out yummy!  I cooked it on our George Foreman Grill.


For my Stir fry I first cooked all my vegetables in coconut oil, rice vinegar and teriyaki sauce.


Then I cut up and cooked the sausages.


Mixed it all together and it made for a super tasty meal.

Click HERE for the Printable recipe.

Aidell's Sausage Fresh Stir fry
Original recipe from Freshly Completed
http://freshlycompleted.blogspot.com/

Ingredients
1 cup cooked rice
2  TBS. Coconut Oil
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 chopped yellow pepper
1 cup Mushrooms chopped
1 cup Broccoli, chopped
1 small purple onion, chopped
2 TBS. (GF) Rice Vinegar
1 – 3 links of Aidells  Pineapple & Bacon Sausages, sliced


Directions
Cook 1 cup of rice. Chop up all vegetables and stir fry in fry pan until vegetables begin to soften (about 7 minutes).   Add cooked rice, rice vinegar, and teriyaki sauce to vegetables and stir for about 2 minutes longer.  Removed vegetable stir fry from pan and set aside.  Cook, sliced Aidells Sausages in pan until beginning to brown (about 5 minutes) stirring as needed.  Return vegetables to pan and continue to cook all together, stirring, until warmed.  Serve immediately.

Thanks for joining me today for:



Comments

KT said…
Looks way yum! Isn't it great that J can still eat sausage!
Unknown said…
I didn’t know sausage or butter had gluten in it...
Unknown said…
Butter doesn't have gluten. I think it was supposed to say dairy free

Popular Posts