How to make a Simple Calvin and Hobbes Costume. Calvin first!

This week I'll be sharing how to make Calvin and Hobbes Costumes.

Up first Calvin!


Last year I shared the full family's look



This family themed costumes turned out so fun!  The kids absolutely loved dressing up as one of their most beloved books (comics?).  

But, definitely some costumes were more complicated than others.

Let's take a look at Calvin first!


As you can probably guess I started with some basics.  I went to Walmart and purchased a red shirt and black shorts.  Wow, half way done! The last step is to paint on some black lines.

I really like this soft fabric paint by Tulip. 
You can read more about how to use fabric paint and stencils on my Skeleton post

But for this project, I wanted more of a hand drawn look, so I skipped the stencil and just hand painted each line.  Be sure to protect your shirt with a large, cut-out pieces of cardboard.  I painted the front, let it dry all day, then repeated on the back.



The key to a successful shirt it to make sure you iron it down to set the paint, once dry.  Put a towel between your iron and project and press with a low setting.

Pair that with some WILD hair, black shorts, and red shoes (if you've got them, we went for red socks).  And you're good to go cause some mischief! 


 

Comments

Popular Posts