Christmas PJs

This year I told the kids, "Children, I am not sewing homemade Pajamas this year.  I'm too busy.  There's no time. I have SIX KIDS! I don't want to be in my sewing room on Christmas Eve sewing, as I miss family time. I'm just going to buy them."

And so I got on all four Christmas Wish Lists, "Homemade PJs by mom."

How could I refuse?

So, guess who was frantically sewing on Christmas Eve....?

These kids are lucky I love them so much.  
And, yes, I think it's very sweet that they love my homemade Pjs.


On Christmas Eve when I revealed the Pjs they were SO thrilled that I had made something for them.  The fabric is super snuggly soft and kids look awfully cute!


I try to cut down my work as much as possible and buy the T-shirts and sew the pants.

My Go-To is Oliver + S's "Sunny Day Shorts" Free pattern.  
Then I add on the length needed to make them long pants.
 I've made these pants so many times, I almost have the pattern memorized. 


For Baby I sewed her the "Lullaby Layette pants" in size 12-18 months.


I made this girl a nightgown last year using the "Building Block Dress" Book and she loved it so much and wore it almost every night through winter and summer.  So I decided to make another nightgown for her, but this time two sizes bigger than last years.  She's growing so tall so fast, a size 8 fits this six year old perfect. 


Next year I have grand schemes to sew Christmas PJs in JULY.  

Ha, we'll see.

Comments

annie said…
Your new site design looks great! The PJs are super cute.

Popular Posts