Lined Canvas Tote

I absolutely love this new fabric from WayMaker Fabrics. 



Not only is this fabric really beautiful, but it was actually designed by my cute niece, who majored in graphic design 💗.


When I saw this Consider the Lilies design, the first thought that came to me was "canvas tote".  So I ordered the outside fabric in canvas and the inside fabric in cotton.


The fabric is really high quality and turned out so incredibly cute as a bag.





A few months ago my girl requested her own church bag to carry her own stuff. 
 I knew this pattern would compliment this fabric perfectly. 


The tote size is totally perfect for this girl!



The Tote pattern was very simple to follow, but I took some liberties and made the straps wider, added more inside pockets, and made a mini-bonus bag, just for kicks.


The most enjoyable part of this mini-bag was just making it!  I gave it almost no thought as to how I should do it, or measuring (ha!), I just cut and sew.  I do a lot of sewing for my ETSY shop, where I carefully write down, test, and retest, and take pictures of absolutely every step.  I also sew a lot for others, doing careful pattern testing--- this was the opposite.  Just create! No worries. 😁


Adorable project.


Check out this and more fabric here.

Comments

Popular Posts