Birthday Girl's New Dress

A few weeks ago this big girl had her birthday, which in our book, means a new dress is in order!

The only direction she gave me was she wanted a comfy black dress.  I knew just what to do when she asked for comfy: Oliver + S's new Girl on the Go Dress.  It is a pattern made for bigger girls out of super comfortable, knit material. 


Technically speaking, this fabric is not black...but a really dark navy blue.  Luckily, she still loves it!  She actually REALLY loves it and wanted to wear it all day, even when it was time for bed.  Ha, ha. 



The only modification I made was to add 6" of length.  These kiddies grow so fast, I don't want these darling dresses to last only one year, so I typically add lots of length. 




Oh, but that's not all I sewed.  I surprised my girl by also sewing her the Double Dutch Jacket to go on top.  Ever since she saw her sister's jacket she has wanted her own. 





It is fully reversible, so with a quick switcher-oo, she has another jacket. 



She always says she can't decide which jacket she likes better.


 Happy Birthday, sweet girl! 



Comments

SEO Expert said…
Want to find the perfect Overalls aafor kids? Browse Ibexworkwear’s excellent selection, you'll find a wide range of stylish and workwear overalls for kids to suit your kid’s taste and style. Begin your shopping experience at Ibexworkwear now!

Popular Posts