The Incredibles

I've been so excited to share my next tutorial that I literally couldn't wait.

I was planning on doing some sort of "Halloween Ideas on Friday" event where I shared tutorials and costume ideas every Friday starting in October...but that kind of went out the window once I started preparing this post.  I keep seeing all these ideas on other blogs and I wanted to add mine.

"Why wait?" I told myself.

Why, indeed.  Here we go:




This was a Halloween costume I created for my family two Halloween's ago and it was such a big hit!

Materials:
1. Black felt
2. Yellow felt
3. White felt
4. Orange felt
5. Glue
6. Sewing machine
7. Printed off Incredible Icon pages. 
8. Red shirts or sweatshirts
9. Red pants or sweats
10. Boots
11. Black gloves
12. Black Halloween makeup

(Right click on the image to save, and print on an 8x11 page to get the proper size)
(Right click on the image to save, and print on an 8x11 page to get the proper size)
STEP ONE: Print off incredible sheets depending on how many you're making and what size you prefer.
I did two large and two small.

STEP TWO: Using the printed off pages, cut out each felt piece in the corresponding colors and glue all together using craft glue.
One could, of course, sew these all together for a more permanent look.  I was trying to be quick and had no plans on washing these 'i's'.




STEP THREE: Using pants for each person as a guide, make the bottoms for the outfits.
Cut out black felt --one front and one back piece-- in an underwear shape for each person.  Cut out orange felt to be a band on the top.  Make the orange band double wide so you can fold it over.

STEP FOUR: Sew the two sides of the bottoms together.
Sew the orange band (that's been folded down) to the top of the bottoms.


STEP FIVE: Hand sew each incredible i onto your red shirt using black thread.


STEP SIX: Grab the rest of your items to complete your outfit(s).
Mr. Incredible has t-shirts stuffed in his extra large sweatshirt for a little extra muscles.


STEP SEVEN:  Add black masks using black Halloween makeup.
This was an interesting decision to have a 3 year old wear black, smuggy makeup.  But we told him over and over again not to touch it-- and he didn't.

Now--Go fight some crime!...


or go trick-or-treating.




See why I was so excited to share this?  It's so fun!

Comments

Ruthie said…
Cute! You did such a great job on the costumes!! Your family looks adorable! :)
Big D and Me said…
LOVE THIS - Your son will never forget the whole family dressing up - how magical! Seriously so much fun - still trying to decide on our costumes this year
You have NO IDEA How excited I am over these costumes...NO IDEA!!!! Our family wanted to do this this year so much and you actually provided TEMPLATES! This is just awesome! All four of you look AMAZING! I so hope you can do it! Must start shopping for lots of red clothes!
Just Jaime said…
Great job! Love how everything came together
Oh my goodness, these are ADORABLE!! I love how the whole fam dressed up! :) Thank you so much for sharing!
Emilee said…
Great Costumes!
I would be super excited to share this too!
Great idea, I assume Violet is invisible. ;) How did you get your husband to do this this? I'm sure everyone had a great time. Awesome idea!
Yes, everyone did ask, "Where's Violet?". And we said, "She's here. She's invisible."

My husband was a little reluctant in doing this at first, but warmed up to the idea because we looked so awesome!

Thanks!
Jordan McCollum said…
Cool! I did a list of family costume ideas on my mom blog, and this is a great one!
This is..... well.......
INCREDIBLE!
Three Sisterz said…
holy cow! this is the best costume idea EVER!


~Courtenay@ThreeSisterz
Danielle Renee said…
So Awesome! I feel like I should be giving a standing ovation.
*Jeana* said…
What great costumes!! love them..
Would love for you to share at my link party "Creative Halloween Ideas"
http://jeana-marie.blogspot.com/2011/09/creative-halloween-ideas.html
Stephanie said…
These are great, I love them. You did an awesome job on them.
Kristy said…
So cute! Thanks for sharing!
Great job!! I just featured this on my Best 15 Family-Friendly DIY Halloween Costumes for Adults. Come by and grab a button in my sidebar if you want to!

Found you via Sugar Bee Craft's feature!
Alison Agnew said…
i adore these
incredible
costume so much so
that i am featuring them this week on
fridays unfolded

have a wonderful weekend!

alison
What a great job! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

Melanie
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com
MJ said…
FANTASTIC!! Even the bf approves :) Exactly like the movie.
Hi! I featured this here, pinned on Pinterest and posted on fb. Thanks for linking up at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)
SO VERY COOL!

Make sure you visit my blog tomorrow you are getting a STICKER ;)
Thanks for linking up to my Tuesday Confessional Link Party. You've been featured,so stop by and pick up a brag button! http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/09/features-from-this-weeks-tuesday.html
~Macy
Looks like this was a popular post!! You've also been featured on my new {Crazy Blessed Love} Friday Feature!

Come over and grab a button!

I'm also a new follower!
Jami said…
Hi Allie!! Love this adorable family costume idea!!! Thanks so much for dropping by and sharing at the Tuesday To Do Party!
Smiles!
Jami
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com
Oh, this is so cute! You did such a great job and I'm sure your kids had a blast in these great costumes.

I'd love for you to link this up to my Monster Mash Bash Halloween link party! http://afishwholikesflowers.blogspot.com/2011/10/lets-do-monster-mash.html
Jennifer said…
So stinkin' fun!! I cracked up at your 'crazy walmart pants'!! You did an excellent job!!
Thanks for sharing with us at Show & Share!!
these are great costumes! I love them! And a great tutorial too! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/
This is awesome! Please link it up to my party:
http://craftskeepmesane.blogspot.com/2011/10/motivate-me-monday-90.html
Ashley said…
this totally rocks!!! and im featuring it on tell me tuesday!!
Thanks for linking up!!! I'm going to feature this next week!
I love your costumes! Our family dressed up as the Incredibles a couple years ago too, but I didn't make the costumes. Good for you!! This year we are doing an Alice in Wonderland theme...good thing my mom can sew! :0)
Susie Chadwick said…
Thanks for sharing the logo pattern! I ended up buying a patch to use on my son's Dash costume, but I linked to your awesome pattern.

http://www.mommysavers.com/c/t/208333/homemade-incredibles-halloween-costume
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said…
Hi! Love your idea!! We included your costume in a round-up we did on no-sew costume ideas! Thank you for sharing!

http://www.feltwithlovedesigns.com/2013/10/04/links-with-love-no-sew-diy-halloween-costume-ideas/
Unknown said…
Awww this is so cute! I love your homemade halloween costume idea! your family totally rock on that pose! Kudos!

I also feature some DIY halloween costumes. Feel free to check out my post featuring homemade halloween costumes too for more ideas and costume options. I hope they may help :)

Happy Halloween!
Barbara
Homemade Halloween Costumes
Cuttysark said…
Lovely family, i enjoyed all your pics. Thanks for sharing and happy halloween.

Cheers and hugs
Halloween Costumes ideas
Unknown said…
Hi there,

Thanks so much for posting this! We are celebrating Karneval here in Germany and this is exactly what I want to make for the family of 4 as well.

I do have a question regarding step4. How abt the area of the crotch? Is that sewn together as well? Also is the black and orange felt actually sewn onto the red pants?

Thanks a mil!
Anonymous said…
Wow!! This is Awesome!! I love what you've done! My school-wide theme is superheros and my individual classroom theme for this year will be The Incredibles!! Thank you for giving me an idea of how to include costumes in my classroom!

Popular Posts