Diary of a Lemon


Nine months ago my husband bought me the most Amazing gift.  

Here's a look its growth.
 I was thrilled that within two weeks of owning this lemon tree Blossoms were soon growing all over my tree.

For an entire month we had over a hundred blossoms that smelled amazing. I wrote to my sisters promising them glasses full of lemon aid.

 Luckily I had read not to deadhead my blossoms.

In place of the blossoms, slowly but surely little teeny lemons began to grow.

I had my doubts, but sure enough, those little green things were growing into lemons-- three to be exact, not exactly the hundreds as I had dreamed

I think growing up in a basement apartment has stunted my tree a bit.  We just can't get enough sunlight down here.
So, when summer time came we moved this growing lemon tree outside to bask in the sunlight.  It really thrived outside and had lots of new growth on top.

I waited until the very last day (right before it froze) before I had to move our tree back inside. 

Finally our lemons were ready to eat.  
I was so excited to whip them up into a lemon meringue pie for Thanksgiving.

It was Delicious and Amazing to be eating a lemon I grew.

Now that it's back inside we've purchased some "indoor grow lights"-- thought I'm not convinced they work.

May I just tell you I LOVE my lemon tree?

Best gift ever.

Comments

perhaps inside is better. birds ate ALL my lemon buds and its never recovered :( i hate birds. and your pie looks fantastic.
KT said…
I'm so jealous. Also, that first sentence sounds slightly like your husband gave you TO the amazing gift. :)

You can count on me to scrutinize your words. You can thank me later.
Wait...what? Oh...um, I sort of see what you mean...sort of.

Okay, I'll go rearrange my sentence.

I've been told I write in a very specific "Allie-way". J has been known to inform me that my sentences are worded so strangely.
Unknown said…
I cant tell you how much I love this! This is perfect:)I am really loving you entire blog! It is so inspirational and I think my subscribers would really enjoy reading this. I would love for you to come share it at Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on Frugally Sustainable (http://frugallysustainable.blogspot.com/2011/11/frugal-days-sustainable-ways-3.html). I really hope that you will put Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on your list of carnivals to visit and link to each Wednesday!

Warmly,
Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable
Here's the link: http://www.frugallysustainable.com
Marilyn said…
LOVE this :)) What an awesome gift.. Looks really awesome. : )) I would LOVE if you could please stop in and linky this terrific feature via my Pin’Inspirational Party happening today pweease… http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/11/pininspirational-thursdayslinky-party.html .. THANK YOU SO MUCH.. Wishing you an incredible start to your weekend.. Sincerely ~M..Happy newest follower of yours :))
Unknown said…
Love this! Now I really, really want a lemon tree.

Thanks so much for sharing at Pin'Inspiration Thursday. :-) Would love for you to pop by and grab a button.

Happy new follower of your beautiful blog.

Popular Posts