Batman-Superhero Cape

I'm So excited to share with you my next Tutorial!


When my boy turned three last week there were a couple things I wanted to make for him, including a Superhero cape.  I made one for his brother when he was three, so I wanted to continue this tradition.

Here's how to make your own!

Materials:
1. 1 1/2 yards of fabric for the inside.
2. 1 1/2 yards of black fabric for the batman side.
3. Felt
4. Velcro
5. Print outs of Super Hero Cape and Batman Logo.



(Right click on the image to save, and print on an 8x11 page to get the proper size)


(Right click on the image to save, and print on an 8x11 page to get the proper size)

It's been two years since I made my last cape, so I had to re-remember what I did and how I did it.  So, first I had to make a pattern...


STEP ONE: Print out Super Hero Cape paper and place on folded fabrics.




STEP FOUR: Repeat these steps for both Fabrics.

STEP FIVE: Print out Batman Logo and cut out shapes.



 STEP SIX: Cut out these shapes and prepare to sew together.
STEP SEVEN:


STEP EIGHT: Make your Super Letter. 
 I practiced making mine on a piece of paper, until I got something I liked.

STEP NINE: 

 STEP TEN:  Pin capes together with right sides together and sew capes together-- leaving 2" open so you can flip it right side out.  Turn right side out and iron (if needed).  Stitch around entire cape to close up the gap and finish the edges.

Sew velcro in place on the two edges.



Now Play, Play, PLAY!





Linked in!

Comments

KT said…
You know I have a leeetle need for these, right? Just sayin . . . .

Looks awesome!
Good news, You TOO can make your own following these simple 10 steps. You can do it!
Ashley said…
so darling, i love the comic you made at the end!!! im so glad i have a boy so i can do fun things like this when he gets a little older!!
great work girl!:)
So cool that the cape is reversible. I just made my boys reversible masks and cuffs.

http://aimingforswanlike.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/double-power.html

Will definitely try this too. Thanks

Popular Posts