HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE BABY GROOT AND ROCKET COSTUMES

 



If you've seen my two other posts, you saw how I made The Guardians of the Galaxy jumpsuits.  
Today I'm talking about Baby Groot and Rocket's costumes!

Up first, Baby Groot.

When trying to figure out how to make a tree costume, I bounced around from different ideas like brown paper, and cardboard, and landed on fleece.

It's no surprise, that my go-to medium is going to always be sewing.  

I figured out I could buy some brown clothes (to be reused for everyday wear, when we were all done) and tack on some brown fleece. I cut the fleece into long strips and sewed them together with the wrong sides together.  Then I placed the strips on top of the pants and tacked them in place.  I purchased some cute green vine ribbons to weave in place.  I hand-stitched the "Groot wood" on the pants.


For the sweater, I did the same thing.  I pined everything in place, then sewed the "wood" in place.  This piece was made to just drape over the brown sweater, so no hand stitching on this one. And it does come easily on and off.


For SO many costumes here and here, I've sewn the "Cozy Winter Hood" to make a cute, comfy costume.  This year it took some brain power, but I made the hood into a Groot head.

I took the original middle piece and attached a cone shape on top, then sewed everything into place.  It was a little tricky, but totally worked.



Lastly, I added a little plastic flower to the hood in the corner.







Not surprisingly,  I made Rocket's head out of the "Cozy Winter Hood", too. 
I just added some fur and raccoon details.




My cute buddies!


Check out the Guardians of the Galaxy, full family costume HERE!

Comments

Popular Posts