Halloween 2023-- Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 3!


We thought long and hard this year about what we wanted to be as a family for Halloween.  This is our last year as a full family dressing up together (since my oldest will be graduating at the end of the school year).  

We discussed all kinds of ideas "Harry Pottery", "Lord of the Rings", "Brandon Sanderson characters"...but finally we landed on Guardians of the Galaxy!





This seemed like a seriously massive undertaking.  But, once I realized they all wear matching blue suits, I figured I could make it work.  Especially when I found the blue coveralls on Amazon and I realized I could sew accessories and pieces onto them.



Up first, Baby Groot.

Guardian enthusiasts will note, yes Groot is from Galaxy 2...but hey, this is what this little cutie wanted.

For Baby Groot, I ended up buying her cute brown clothing, and just sewing out of fleece, strips of roots and branches. She loved this comfy clothes and told me often.

Rocket!

Rocket got his Furry Hood out of the "Little Things to Sew" book.  I also added furry cuffs and a cool racoon tail.
Gamora.

My daughter was so thrilled that we let her use hair chalk and face paint.

Nebula.

Obviously, I wasn't going to shave this sweetie's head.  I figured three tight French braids might do the trick! That, added to the face paint and attitude, and she was set!

This boy very much wanted to be Kraglin.  Like, couldn't wait!

I "mohawked" his hair red for the fin, added a bead, and he was good.


This big boy just needed a fake beard and a real Zune to make his character complete.  We actually own a Zune music player and the kids Love it!


My girl, Mantis was sure fun to play.  I loved that I didn't need any face paint, thought about dark black contacts, but quickly ruled it out.  I sewed my antennae out of felt and wire.


My husband was a very good sport playing Drax the Destroyer.  His face paint looked more subtle gray, though it's looking a little blue here.

Looking casually cool here, folks.





Getting into the Action!

Super fun costumes this year. And, eh-hem, not to brag or anything, but we won "Best Overall Costume" again, at our church.  I got lots of rave reviews from the kids that they really enjoyed their costumes.  They were comfortable and they felt pretty cool.  What else can I ask for?

Read more about how I made these costumes HERE and HERE.


Comments

Popular Posts