Kielbasa + Potatoes


Kielbasa is one of those products that was introduced to me, by my husband  I am positive I never had it once growing up.  But turns out I really like it.

You can buy Kielbasa Gluten Free-- so of course that's a score.  I found this recipe via Life's Ambrosia and was excited to see that I could easily adapt it for my family.  It's quick and has a fantastic clean up, since you cook everything in one pan.

And I will mention that we cooked everything in coconut oil.  Since my husband has an intolerance to olives, that means no olive oil.  Darn it.  And since he's on a rotational diet, we have to always switch up which oils we do use.  It was because of this that I discovered coconut oil.  Have you ever used it?  It's fascinating   It tastes nothing like coconut, to me.  Put it in your hot pan and it melts in seconds.  I enjoy using it for cooking all the time.

Apparently there's a million uses for it-- like dry hair-- but it's so expensive I can't bring myself to use it for selfish pursuits-- like softer hair. 
 Again, this recipe is really simple.  Grab all your ingredients.

Chop 'em up and cook.


Click HERE for the printable recipe.

Kielbasa and Potatoes

Ingredients
2  TBS. Coconut Oil (or Olive oil)
4 medium size Potatoes, diced
Sea salt and black pepper
1 Red Onion, chopped in wedges
2 Tomatoes, diced
1 pound GF Kielbasa


Directions
Chop up all ingredients. Boil potatoes about 6-8 minutes in large pot (until just beginning to get soft). Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.  Add drained, boiled potatoes.  Season with sea salt and pepper.  Cook without stirring about 5 minutes.  Stir potatoes.  Cook another 5 minutes.  Stir.
Stir in onion.  Cook 10 minutes.  Add tomatoes.  Cook 5 minutes.  Add Kielbasa.  Continue cooking until everything is crispy, brown and ready to eat (5-10 more minutes).  



Thanks for joining me for another round of

Comments

KT said…
It seems to me that dad liked kielbasa and we had it a (very) few times. I think I like it but you know me, I can't bring myself to eat it anymore. Ew.

I cook with coconut all the time and really love it. It is a very healthy oil for you, so good work! (Much much better than veg. oil or canola oil.) I buy it at Costco where you can get an enormous container for (i think) about $20. Seems better than those teeny bottles (which I've also bought before). It has millions of benefits/uses.

Anywho.......yum! I imagine J LOVES this meal! :)
Hi! You were the link before me at the Girl.Inspired link party! I love Kielbasa and potatoes! I will definitely be trying this recipe (sans the coconut). Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Julia
It's Always Ruetten

Popular Posts