Fox in Socks




Last week we were able to attend the fantastic 1st grade program, "A Book is a Magical Thing".  We were able to see fantastic acts about different wonderful books.  My personal favorite part was when we watched the performance by Fox in Socks.

We were super impressed when the Fox performed on the xylophone.  He was quite the fantastic actor, who even fell asleep a little bit during the production.

Confession, this fox is actually my son.  And I made his costume.  Shocker, right?

Well, it was a really simple costume I put together real quick one afternoon.  I took THIS mask template and readjusted it to look more foxy.

Then I added a bunch of white felt to his sweatshirt and baste stitched it on.

 For his tail I sewed up some red felt, with a white tip.  Then I added button holes to the top, so it could be strung on a belt.  He wore Dad's big blue socks.
 Put it all together and you've got one cute Fox in Socks and a fantastic actor. 



Comments

What a FUN idea! I would LOVe to have you share at my link party!


http://www.madetobeamomma.com/2013/04/homemade-by-you-48.html
Stef said…
Cute!! Love your narrative and the way that you pulled together a fox costume so simply, but completely!
Mommy Evolution said…
I'd like to invite you to my Friday Flash Blog, where you can share your best blog entry of the week! The party goes on ALL weekend at thejennyevolution.com. And who knows, you may just get featured next week.

Jennifer
thejennyevolution.com

Popular Posts