Baby Car Seat Canopy


I've got a quick, simple project to share with you today.  I made this about three weeks before my baby was born.  So whereas it was quick- sitting on the ground cutting out fabric is never easy at 8 1/2 months pregnancy.

But I had to have it for my December baby.

I thought about making a tutorial for it but it was so simple it doesn't really need one. Plus a quick google search will bring up hundreds.

I did decide to with the simple velcro method and faux button on top-- which I think is cute.

The other fun thing about this canopy is I made it using up all fabric scraps I already had on hand.
I had bought the umbrella fabric from JoAnns intending to make another small blanket out of it, but when I decided to turn it into a canopy I realized I didn't have enough material.

So I turned to my scraps.  I have all these darling minky scraps left over from all the big blankets I make for my babies.  I love looking at this canopy now and seeing big brother's blanket, little brother's blanket, sister's and now babies extra blanket scraps. 


It's so nice to have I wish I would have made it for baby # 1 and not baby # 4.


Comments

Hodson said…
Visiting from the Aloha Hop. Now following via GFC.

Would love to have you link up on my Bloglovin Blog Hop:
Bloglovin Blog Hop

Take care,
Meg
Happy Kids, Inc

p.s. If my babies were still itty bitty, I would SOO be all over this canopy!
Kathryn said…
Love this, thanks for sharing! You are talented. Found you on the Aloha hop and now following your blog, Facebook and pinterest. Would love follows back :).

http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/
Found you on the Aloha hop and now following your blog, Facebook and pinterest. Would love follows back :). car seat canopy

Popular Posts