DIY Simple Pineapple Costume


About every couple of years I go crazy for Halloween costumes and sew up custom costumes for the whole family, with a darling matching theme.

See here...and here...and here.. oh, and here.  

Cute I love it, this is not one of those years.

I told the kids, "This year, you can do whatever you want.  I will help minimally put it together and we're not spending money."  Cool plan, right?

Up first, this Pineapple loving girl.  She genuinely loves pineapples, eating them, wearing them, and drawing them.  So, her choice seemed easy.

For her costume I started by looking through our closets.  I found this old skirt of mine and a free shirt the kids wear when they're painting.  Yellow being key!

Supplies Needed:
-Yellow Shirt
-Yellow Skirt
-Electrical tape
-Sewing notions


I'm actually planning on taking this whole costume apart when we're done and putting them back in our closets, so I knew I didn't want to make any permanent changes.

I placed the shirt inside the skirt and made a super simple dress.  First I eye-balled it, then pinned them together.





Then I sewed it together with a wide zig-zag stitch.


That was it, Easiest dress ever!



 I spent a day thinking about this pineapple dress being done, but then decided it needed a little something else.  Usually I would paint little details, but again, I am hoping to pull this all apart afterwards and wear it again.

In comes, electrical tape.  A perfect solution for your electrical needs and quick fashion accessories. 


I cut off little 2" strip and snipped the top to make the shape above.  Then I pulled it wide while placing it on the "dress".


I did green "V"s on top and yellow on bottom.  Then I added my little snipped triangles pieces around the dress to give it interest.



Oh yes, simplest dress ever, All done!

Well, almost, this Pineapple needs a crown!

Supplies needed:
- Green felt ( I happened to have three different scraps)
-Toilet paper roll
-Headband
-Hot Glue gun


For me, I started by pulling this bow off the headband.

And not for the first time, I might add.


Then I cut some slits into my toilet paper roll and glued it onto the headband.




Whenever I work with felt I'm always like, "Man, felt is awesome".  I love that you can just cut it-- no stitching involved and it holds its shape.  Cut felt into leaf shapes.



Hot glue leaves around toilet paper roll.


Don't forget to add some leaves in the top roll. And a few leaves for the outside.


All done!



Be a Pineapple, stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside.



What a sweetie!


 

Comments

Popular Posts