DIY Minecraft Creeper


As previously mentioned we are not doing a family theme this year. Shocker, I know.  I let the kids pick whatever they wanted to be (within reason) and told them I would help, but I'd like to keep it real simple this year.

This cute 1st grader decided he wanted to be a Minecraft Creeper. In true 1st grade form, he's obsessed with all things Minecraft.  Thinking about those geometric shapes, it didn't seem too tricky.

ITEMS NEEDED:
- 1 box for body
- 1 box or large container for head
-duct tape
-green spray paint
-green paint
-square foam brush
-green clothes for underneath


I started by collecting boxes from Amazon for weeks not knowing which size would fit best.  Then I came across this pretzel container and thought, "Hmm, this might be perfect." 



First I (had my son) cut off the rim of the container.  Then, with a sharpie and an exacto knife cut out the squares to make the face (make sure to make it the right direction).   I lined all the sharp edges with duct tape. 


Next, I taped up the box and cut the bottom off.  I drew and cut out the arm and neck holes.  I lined the neck hole with duct tape.


Then I covered everything with two coats of green spray paint.  This took an entire can. I let it dry about 30 minutes in between.



Almost done!  Lastly I added my paint.  I painted black for the "nose" and "mouth" and outlined the eye holes.  Then I did three different shades for the other squares.


Depending on your personality you could measure straight lines and make this an exact art, definitely not my style.  I just went for it painting where I fancied until I thought it looked done.

Pair this little costume with a green shirt and green (PJ) paints and you're good to go!


My son really likes the option of having no arms or yes arms, depending on the need.


Oh, so creepy!



Looking good!


Happy boy with his simple costume!

Comments

Popular Posts