Ruby Shoes


I am So excited to share with you my latest project-- the Ruby Shoes.  Named, of course, for the lovely ruby coloring.

I was inspired to make these from two sources:
and

When I saw the Make it and Love it Sandals I immediately thought, "Oh, I wish I could make my girl shoes-- but I don't have any leather."  Literally the next day it occurred to me that I do indeed have some pleather-- or some strange leather wanna-be which I purchased a long time ago sitting in my supply.

Then I thought, "Hmm, I don't really want to make sandals, since summer's almost over.  But I'd love to try making my daughter some church shoes-- mary jane-style."

And thus my journey into becoming a cobbler began.


(Right click on the image to save, and print on an 8x11 page to get the proper size)

MATERIALS:
1. Print out Ruby Shoes Pattern
2. 1/4 yard leather (pleather?) fabric
3. 1/4 yard felt
4. Regular sewing machine and materials


Step One: Place pattern on leather and cut out each piece.  
The pattern explains how many should be cut out.  
Please note, when doing the soles of the feet, flip the pattern over to do the left foot pattern.

Step Two: Line up the soles.   
We'll start here.


















 Enjoy those lovely new Ruby Shoes!

 She loves them!




Comments

KT said…
Dang! Those are so cute! I am very impressed with your cobbler shoes! Love the red.
WOW! I am super impressed!! Love your blog and this idea!

Love for you to link it up to our Crafts for Under Twenty Somethings Thursdays- it goes until Saturday at noon EST. Thanks for sharing!

Melanie

http://bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com/2011/08/crafts-for-under-twenty-somethings_17.html
Anonymous said…
could you make me some of those? Adorable.
Lemonpeel said…
holy crap Allie!! you are such a freaking talented seamstress! I'm lucky if I can sew in a straight line. AMAZING! LOVE THEM!
Grandma Bonnie said…
I just love your tutorial. Thank you for sharing. New follower stopping by from the Creative Blogger hop. Hope you stop by for a visit.
http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/
Really appreciate you linking up this awesome post at Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) Please continue sharing your creativity with us during the weekly party.
Unknown said…
These are so adorable. I would never have thought to make baby shoes. Your little girl is also such a cutie. Thanks for sharing last week at the Cure for the Common Monday.
:)Rachel
http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com

Popular Posts