Honor Bee Art

As I've mentioned before I work with the young women at Church.

It is a wonderful calling and I'm honored to see such wonderful examples of what youth now days are capable of.

Recently one of the young women in my ward completed her Honor Bee

 Besides being able to hand her, her honor bee medallion, I wanted to give her another little something special.  I thought about it for a while before deciding on a nice little piece of art, for her to remember the hard work that went into completing both her personal progress and her honor bee.



I sometimes forget how fun and quick painting with watercolor can be. 

 A couple years ago my husband got me this fancy watercolor set, where you squeeze the paint out of the tubes and add water to use it.  It's always really fun to paint with.


I loosely based my beehive off of this darling art from Rifle Paper Co.


I really loved this quote, "The bee is more honored than other animals, not because she labors, but because she labors for others." St. John Chrysostom.


I added it to the small frame.  It really exemplifies what it takes to earn the honor bee.  You must read the Book of Mormon, then perform 40 hours of service for others.

It brought me much joy to give this to that special young woman who is such a great example to others.


Comments

annie said…
I am not a good painter but Rachel is. A skill she clearly inherited from you, among others.

Popular Posts