Perfect Lemonade

I know, I know I've been a little lemon-centric lately.  What can I say?  I dig 'em.

The other day I thought it'd be fun to squeeze some lemons to make Fresh Lemonade.



I knew the basic idea behind lemonade.  Lemons + Sugar + water = lemonade...but I wanted to make sure I had the right measurements.

So I checked my favorite cookbook (read: checked google) and found this simple yummy recipe from Simple Recipes. Go there for the printable recipe.

Here's what I did. Cut up 6 Lemons.


Dissolved 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water together over the stove.  Once it was all dissolved I poured it into my pitcher. (This is done so you don't have a bunch of sugar laying at the bottom of the pitcher.)


Squeezed 6 lemons to make 1 cup of lemon juice.


Poured my lemon juice into the pitcher and mixed with 4 1/2 cups of cold water.  That's it!



Growing up it seemed a very common Saturday night dinner was Tacos.  I have happy memories of eating them with fresh ingredients and lemonade.  To this day I can hardly have tacos without complimenting it with sweet lemonade.

Comments

I'm happy I came across this blog, (saw it at a link party). I just became a follower and want to invite you to stop by my brand new blog and follow me, too:) Thanks!!
http://www.gratefulbelly.com/
KT said…
I remember those days and am now, too, a HUGE taco and lemonade fan. ..... Mmmmmmm, yum!
Christine said…
I've never made FRESH lemonade.. But now that I see how it's done.. I will attempt it!!

Please PLEASE come share it over at The DIY Dreamer!! PLEASE!!
http://thediydreamer.blogspot.com/2012/02/from-dream-to-reality-linky-party-5.html

Popular Posts