The Garden Party Dress


As previously mentioned this cute girl had a special birthday last week.  And since she's been growing (taller, not wider) she was in need for a new dress for Church. 

I knew exactly what I wanted to sew up = a Garden Party dress by Oliver + S.  
As I picked this I was keeping in mind her signature style -- choosing her favorite colors and darling dress pattern.


And like with all Oliver + S dresses I've sewn it was really easy to read and really fun to complete.  Plus I learned a new skill, how to add a thread chain, for the closure in the back.


I took my girl downtown for some cute snaps in her  new dress.


I really didn't tell her to smile once, but she assumes this is what I want.


I have to say something silly to get a more genuine smile.  Toot noises are my best ammo.




Anyone remember this location I used from last year?  I just love the colors.



I actually changed the pattern a bit by tracing the top of the front bodice pattern piece on tracing paper and cutting out that piece in a different fabric.  I'm glad I did, it turned out just as planned.

All fabrics from JoAnns.

Comments

Stepper said…
Adorable dress. I love the colors and how you did the bodice.
What a fantastic fabric combination--I am jealous of your girl's favorite colors! I get a little tired of sewing pink and purple...
sallyavena said…
Love your look and your daughter sure is adorable in it! Fun to find your blog and another mid-westerner. We just moved to the mid-west after years in the south, so it's fun to make some blogging connections here as well.
Ann said…
Pretty dress! My little one also has an 'what mommy expects' kind of smile for photos;)
Xoxo Grandma said…
So pretty, you did a great job changing it up. http://xoxograndma.blogspot.com/
Emily Thompson said…
oh I love the colors!! the gathered bodice is adorable too!! Love the signature style week! I just linked up my all boy style and I'm loving all the other links! Emily

Popular Posts