Sunny Day Shorts -- Free Pattern by Oliver + S

Have you heard, Oliver + S released another free pattern.

This one was absolutely timed perfectly and is something every seamstress will be using again and again-- The Sunny Day Shorts.  They are similar to the simple shorts tutorial I made last year, but mine are only in size 2t.  This pattern ranges from size 6 m to size 12.  Wow, that's a lot of sizes.


Back in March, I whipped these up lickety split during nap time one day, the day before we were leaving for Spring Break.  When my three year old woke up I asked her, "Do you know why I made you these?"
She innocently responded, "Because you love me."
"Wow", I thought, "I sure like your answer better.  I was thinking, 'Because we're going to the beach tomorrow'."
I love that in her mind, hand sewn clothes = loves. 
 I think that, too.


Even though I have my own Freshly Completed tags, sometimes I think it's fun to just add a simple folded over ribbon in the back. It reminds me of my mother, that's what she used to do when she sewed us clothes.


I love these shorts they're super simple, a perfect fit, and for sure I'll be making many more this summer.


Please join me Wednesday where I'll be sharing a Free Pattern + tutorial for my Sweet Simple Dress.

Comments

Sara said…
I love the fabric you used! Great shorts!

Popular Posts