Hot Wheel Birthday Party!!

Several months ago we had a Hot Wheel Birthday Party for my dear 5 year old.  My boy LOVES Hot Wheels!  He has since he was a little baby and plays with them almost every day.
 So a Hot Wheel Themed party was a natural choice. 


 
A couple weeks before the party I made up these invitations and emailed them to his friend's Moms.
I made this card using PicMonkey-- it was so simple and turned out so cute.


The day of the party arrived and the first thing my son did was hand everyone their freshly picked out Hot Wheel car.

Then my husband took over and in his most animated voice let the boys know they were gathered for one purpose only...."To have the ULTIMATE HOT WHEELS RACE!"  He informed them they were going through series of race car track games  to see who the ultimate hot wheel race car driver is.  But first they had to come up with their cool race car name. 

Each of the boys picked a name.  We had such awesome names as:  Cloud Cutter, Lighting Crisp, Beast Hunter, King, Road Runner, Racer.


Then, the racers were off to their First Competition! 


I made this game on a large poster board with circles, crayons, and a sharpie.  


Then the bulls eye mat was tapped on the ground in our kitchen and each of the racer had three chances to race their cars to see who could get the most points. 


Up next was the Pin the Wheel on the Hot Wheel.  
No party, in my opinion, is complete without a pin the something onto something else.  Gotta have it.


I made this by drawing a hot wheel onto a poster board, colored it with crayon, and outlined it with sharpie.  Then I made the wheel that was going to be pinned onto the hot wheel car out of cardboard.

I spent days and days trying to come up with a good plan for how to tell who wins this game-- bouncing a couple of ideas off my husband he came up with the idea to cut a hole into the wheel and putting a dot in the very center.  Each kid was assigned a different colored marker to mark their dot.  Whoever gets their dot closest to the red dot, is the winner.


Then instead of the traditional blindfold, which typically falls off or is see through, we used a beanie pulled down.  It worked Great!


Next we moved over to RACE TIME!


We split the boys into teams and they decided if they wanted to be a "motorcycle" which is fast, but small or a "monster truck" which is large, but slow.  After they choose teams we set them loose and they decorated their vehicles.


Once they were all set, we lined them up in their racing pits and had them race around our house.

 Monster Trucks Won!!  They were so large, the motorcycles couldn't get around them.

After all the fun games, we sat down for a pizza dinner, cake, and presents. 

Let's take one more look at that cake.


 

It was made rather simply, but looked great.

I made it using two cake boxes and filled up a small rectangle pan and my bunt cake pan.  Once it was cooled I did a little bit of cutting to make it a five.


Then I moved my cake onto the back of a foil lined cookie sheet.  I bought some black icing color, which worked great.  I did the top black and the sides green.  Finished with some yellow strips and two hot wheels that my boy chose.  Then, being goofy, I accidentally added the cars to the same side of the road-- oops.


For party favors we made some hot wheel candies. I made a template and wrapped up some mambos on top, and some heresy's chocolate and kit-kats on the bottom.  Then I wrapped those up in paper using a hot glue gun.  Then I glued four rollos to the sides for the wheels.


They turned out SO cute!  Then we added those to the party bags, filled with stickers and their hot wheel cars.


The party ended exactly two hours after we started.  It was the perfect time with really happy, pleasant boys.  A happy day, indeed!

Comments

Popular Posts