December 5, 2012

Homemade Gifts: Magnetic Nativity Scene

Today's activity is this super cute & simple...


 

About three weeks ago I came across this adorable free printable Nativity via Design Dazzle.

As soon as I saw it I knew it would be really easy and fun to make for/with the kids.

Monday night we had Family Home Evening, which included a lesson on the birth of our Savior, followed by the activity of making this cute nativity.

I headed out to the Dollar Store earlier that day to buy my $1 magnetic cookie sheet-- but when I saw this cute round pizza sheet my plans all changed and I came home with the round one, instead.

Once home I printed out the two free papers on my own photo paper.  Since my board was now round I decided to do the Nativity Scene a little different and cut out the stable and stars.


Then I mod podged them down-- once that was dry I mod podged all over the whole sheet, so everything would stay put.


Next I cut all the cute people/animals out.


Once that was done I placed each person on the backside of magnet sheets.
I already had these on hand, so that was convenient.


For a little extra protection I then covered each piece with shipping tape, and carefully cut them out.
I wanted them to be sturdy and kid-proof.
Shipping tape is my quick answer to lamination. 


That was it!


Seriously a really awesome nativity that cost $1.  The kids love it.



13 comments:

Lemonpeel said...

so cute allie I love it!

Kristy said...

This is adorable! (visiting from somedaycrafts). Thanks for the inspiration!

The Remodeled Life said...

This is so awesome! What a great idea! My son would love this. I'm your newest follower :)

Hannah White said...

Oh my What a wonderful Nativity for children! Please consider sharing it over at our Eco-Kids Tuesday Link-Up! http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/12/eco-kids-tuesday.html

Cheryl @ Sew Can Do said...

This is super cute. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)

mosy said...

That's awesome! I just posted a great gift idea over on my blog. E might like it. www.snickersnlaughs.blogspot.com

Xhonane Olivas said...

What a lovely idea!! You did a great job!!
I just shared it in my blog: http://familiacatolica-org.blogspot.com/2012/12/hermoso-nacimiento-para-imprimir-gratis.html

noreen said...

I came over from Xhonane's blog to see how you made this super cute toy/craft. Love it! Advent blessings to you!

Maria Auxiliadora said...

Me ha encantado, gracias.

Tina from A Few Pretty Things said...

What a nice activity for kids!

Jennifer said...

If you haven’t joined Creative Crafts Thursday yet, please share your projects at www.creativecraftsthursday.blogspot.com each and every week!

petersmith said...

Its really awesome homemade gits. Pawn My Rolex

Salma Jameel said...

I think these gifts are perfect for kids who will enjoy a lot.
Thanks for sharing



Gifts Magnetic