Homemade Gifts: Magnetic Nativity Scene

Today's activity is this super cute & simple...


 

About three weeks ago I came across this adorable free printable Nativity via Design Dazzle.

As soon as I saw it I knew it would be really easy and fun to make for/with the kids.

Monday night we had Family Home Evening, which included a lesson on the birth of our Savior, followed by the activity of making this cute nativity.

I headed out to the Dollar Store earlier that day to buy my $1 magnetic cookie sheet-- but when I saw this cute round pizza sheet my plans all changed and I came home with the round one, instead.

Once home I printed out the two free papers on my own photo paper.  Since my board was now round I decided to do the Nativity Scene a little different and cut out the stable and stars.


Then I mod podged them down-- once that was dry I mod podged all over the whole sheet, so everything would stay put.


Next I cut all the cute people/animals out.


Once that was done I placed each person on the backside of magnet sheets.
I already had these on hand, so that was convenient.


For a little extra protection I then covered each piece with shipping tape, and carefully cut them out.
I wanted them to be sturdy and kid-proof.
Shipping tape is my quick answer to lamination. 


That was it!


Seriously a really awesome nativity that cost $1.  The kids love it.



Comments

Lemonpeel said…
so cute allie I love it!
Kristy said…
This is adorable! (visiting from somedaycrafts). Thanks for the inspiration!
This is so awesome! What a great idea! My son would love this. I'm your newest follower :)
HannahW said…
Oh my What a wonderful Nativity for children! Please consider sharing it over at our Eco-Kids Tuesday Link-Up! http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/12/eco-kids-tuesday.html
Sew Can Do said…
This is super cute. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)
mosy said…
That's awesome! I just posted a great gift idea over on my blog. E might like it. www.snickersnlaughs.blogspot.com
What a lovely idea!! You did a great job!!
I just shared it in my blog: http://familiacatolica-org.blogspot.com/2012/12/hermoso-nacimiento-para-imprimir-gratis.html
noreen said…
I came over from Xhonane's blog to see how you made this super cute toy/craft. Love it! Advent blessings to you!
TinaA said…
What a nice activity for kids!
petersmith said…
Its really awesome homemade gits. Pawn My Rolex
Unknown said…
I think these gifts are perfect for kids who will enjoy a lot.
Thanks for sharing



Gifts Magnetic

Popular Posts